Friday, February 24, 2006

Simply Complicated

I find it real hard to be a simple person. It's simply complicated to be simple. I would blame it on the society of course. Since the society isn't a simple place, the people in it ain't got a choice not to become complicated. It's sometimes so frustrating trying to be a simple person when everyone around you are complicated.


This reminds me of Gavin DeGraw's song. You know the one that he sang about he don't want to be anything other than what him? Yea. That song. I don't wana be.

I don't want to be anything other than myself too. But when what i'm trying to be is not good enough, should i change?

Or if i'm hurting people when i'm trying to be myself, then should i change?

What would you do if you were me? Would you keep the way you are without doing anything to yourself? Or would you label the change you did to yourself & label it as "improvement"? That way you can still keep being yourself but an improved version. Wouldn't that be great?

I don't know. You tell me!

See. I told you it ain't easy being simple. It's just simply complicated, rite?

Who am i anyway? I mean who am i to complain about it's hard being simple? Who am i to complain life is harsh? Life is so good to me up until this point in my life. I should be grateful instead. Rite?

Yes, damn hell i should.

It's just sometimes that life doesn't go our way, then we feel that life sucks. But then again when we have settled down our emotions, we will realize we are merely a small part of the whole universe. At the other side of the world at this moment, some child might just died of famine. Someone might just got robbed. Something real bad might have just happened to someone. What are you doing right now? Are you complaining about you life now?

I want to be a simple person. In fact, everyone wants to be simple. But i know i cannot be simple. I cannot be what i want to be when it's not beneficial to other people. I don't want to be myself when i'm hurting other people's feeling, or when i'm dragging people down.

I definitely cannot be complaining about my life when there are people suffering at the other side of the world.

I know there's nothing much i can do to make the world a better place. But i sure know i can do my part. If everyone can do their part, the world will surely be a better place. A better world starts with yourselves.

I'm doing my part everyday by being straightforward, being truthful to people around me. I try not to give in to deceptions and lies, because one leads to another. Will you do your part too?

ChiM

2 Comments:

  • Simply complicated!! YES! I definitely agree with you that is is very complicated to be simple. Its just not that simple and somehow it will turn out to be complicated! :p

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, March 15, 2006  

  • Great work!
    [url=http://siodhfco.com/efwe/kvfy.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://skljbjuv.com/jssi/oody.html]Cool site[/url]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, July 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home