Saturday, March 21, 2009

Homeless

i felt like crying. The feeling suddenly hit me when i saw him. i didn't like this feeling. it made me felt really uncomfortable. There he was sitting there on the floor cutting up paper boards. i stare a little while and walk slightly further away, towards my car and i looked back again. He was still sitting on the floor cutting up the same piece of paper board.

He was a homeless, old uncle. In his fifties maybe?

I don't know why i felt all emotional when i see him. i don't know him. i have never seen him before in my life. This is the first time me meeting him but all i felt was fear & tears. I don't know why. i just felt like crying all the sudden.

He was wearing a pair of shorts, halfway up his thigh kind of shorts. He was wearing a short sleeves polo t-shirt. He was wearing a red cap, and a pair of Japanese slippers. Lying around him were some plastic bags, a paper box, and more cut up paper boards. He was sitting on the walkway just right outside the Kopitiam.

As i was walking away, my mind is all about whether should i walk up to him and offer some warmth, or not. In the end i drove all the way home after doing nothing. I felt even more like crying on my way home. Home where my blanket, clean clothing, and bed are. All the warmth i needed on a cold night like right now where many homeless people out there are wishing they have right now. I should have offered him something. At least to make myself feel better.

i'm praying hard that it will not rain tonight, so the poor old man will have a warm night to rest himself in. i'm really praying hard that at least someone with a much better heart than i do will offer him a warm drink. i'm really praying that someone......anyone, please offer this old man an act of kindness that i failed to show.

What would you do if you were in my shoes?

Would you offer the old man some kindness? Or would you have walked away like me?

And i'm ashamed of myself for walking away......





ChiM

1 Comments:

  • What you could do now is just to stay grateful, and express gratitude to people around you, for the things you have, the family that loves you.Remember that by just being negative, you are being ungrateful..

    We don't usually realize how lucky we are at times.. complaining about the slightest details, but it's never too late to start being grateful..

    By Blogger Amanda, at Wednesday, March 25, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home