Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dementia?

My grandpa, mom's side, got admitted into the hospital yesterday evening, and thanks to the very efficient working system of the Ipoh General Hospital, or must be known as Hospital Raja Permaisuri Bainun, the public can only visit during lunch hour and right before dinner time.

So i went to visit him during lunch hour today after settling my car loan at the bank. He was by himself when i reached, and i almost missed him the first time i walk past. When i spotted him, i walked up to him and greeted him and ask how he was feeling today.

So he answered me like how he normally would talk, and then he started asking me questions, really funny questions like where am i from? where do i stay? where do i work? And it actually kind of freaked me out a lot when he asked me my name.

Apparently my grandpa cannot recognize me. So i told him who i was, and then i continue talking to him a little bit more before leaving back to work. He remember me, but he cannot recognize me when i walk up to him today.

I told SQ, though she didn't do a good job consoling me, but she did make a point that when old people, especially those that had gone through stroke before tends to suffer from dementia. Though that's not good news, but then again it's better to know now and be ready that someday he might forget me.

A lot of things are happening around me lately, it might be a sign but i do not know of what. All i get is this feeling that i need to treasure the things i have, the people around me.





ChiM

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home