Sunday, June 21, 2009

Unexpected Meet Up

I've been in a relationship with SQ for more than over 2 years now. How time flies! More than often i've met her parents over dinner and sometimes on trips. SQ on the other hand have met my side of the family as well, also over dinner from time to time.

The thing is, our parents have not officially met. My dad knows her dad as Dr. Hu, and her dad knows mine as Mr Chim. SQ and i did discussed this topic some time not too far back that our parents have not officially met, and that seems kind of strange since we've been dating since 2 years back.

Well, out of pure coincidence they met this morning over breakfast. SQ's dad is a frequent visitor to this dim-sum place in town, on almost every weekend i think. My dad on the other hand is pretty unpredictable on where to eat on Sunday mornings. In another word, we set out in the morning and drive towards the first place we can think of and eat there.

Since today is Father's Day, we all go out together, including my grandparents and my parents, to have breakfast together, which coincidentally my dad suggested this same dim sum place. And coincidentally because we had lunch date with my mom's side grandpa, we had to move breakfast earlier this morning and hence colliding with SQ's parents' breakfast time every weekend.

So many coincidence in a day, i think the odds of this happening is lesser than striking the jack-pot.

Anyhow, Happy Father's Day ;-)





ChiM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home